Routed around the top and bottom templates using with the templates on top. I used Deans tip of putting double sided tape down (under the template and under the board) and no clamping was needed. I used a inverted flush trim bit which has the bearing at the top and cut all the way through.
I poured the rails as well and fell into a trap for young players - forgot to level the table properly and because I didn't mix and q-cell in the resin ( going for clear rails) it very quickly flowed to one corner at the expense of the others. This was quick to remedy and so its curing away as we speak.
The rail channel is 9.5mm x 6mm x 3.16m and used about 240gm of resin (c. 120 mls)